Riverside Bradford Baseball League
Standard of Behavior
The following section is taken from the Official Regulations and Playing Rules of Babe Ruth League Baseball and is held as our Standard of Behavior:
4.06 - No manager, coach or player, shall at any time, whether from the bench or the playing field or elsewhere –
- Incite, or try to incite, by word or sign, a demonstration by spectators.
- Use language which will in any manner refer to or reflect upon opposing players, manager, coach, an umpire or spectators.
- Call “Time” or employ any other word or phrase or commit any act while the ball is alive and in play for the obvious purpose of trying to make the pitcher commit a balk.
- Make intentional contact with the umpire in any manner
- Shall take a position in the batter's line of vision, with deliberate unsportsmanlike intent, act in a manner to distract the batter.
The umpire may first warn the player, coach and/or manager. If continued, the offender shall be removed from the game and shall leave the playing field, and, if a balk is made, it shall be nullified.
4.07 - When a manager, coach or player is ejected from a game, they shall leave the field immediately and take no further part in that game. They may not sit in the stands and may not be recalled. A manager or coach ejected from a game must not be present at the game site for the remainder of that game. Any manager, coach or player ejected from a game is suspended for his or her team's next physically played game and may not be in attendance at the game site from which they are suspended.
4.08 - When the occupants of a player's bench show violent disapproval of an umpire's decision, the umpire shall first give warning that such disapproval shall cease, if such action continues –
Penalty: The umpire shall order the offender out of the game and away from the spectator's area. If the umpire is unable to detect the offender or offenders, the bench may be cleared of all players. The manager of the offending team shall have the privilege of recalling to the playing field only those players needed for substitution in the game.
Using these standards, anyone ejected from a game will miss the next game. You have the right to appeal within twenty-four hours and request from the Divisional Commissioner a hearing from the Executive Board appointed by the League President.
In the event of negative behavior or conduct that is detrimental to the game, the board of directors will decide if disciplinary action should be taken against any parent, coach or player regarding situations that may arise throughout the season. If such issue ascends, then the Executive Board of Riverside Bradford Baseball League will make the appropriate ruling.