Riverside Bradford Baseball League
Instructional Division Rules
1. Games are one hour long. Players should be at the field 15 minutes before the game.
2. Recruit parents to help during games and practices. A minimum of four adults (three in the field / one on the bench) is recommended for this level.
3. The bases will be placed by the home team coach 50 feet (use your best discretion) from home plate and each other.
4. Coaches will pitch every game. Have one or two players next to you to catch batted balls. Throw only six hittable pitches to each child and then, if the batter does not put the ball into play, use the tee.
5. All children will play in the field each inning. A team may use two pitchers and extra outfielders. Try to move players around in order for them to experience playing all positions.
6. “Softee – Level 10” balls will be used and under no circumstance shall this change.
7. Acknowledge the out but allow the runner to stay on base in order to learn how to advance around the base paths. Children are learning the game of baseball.
8. All players will bat in each game. Each team will bat eight players per inning. The batting order will be continuous from game to game (the on-deck batter at the end of the game will bat first in the next game).
9. Have a parent or two monitor the bench.
10. The only player with a bat in his/her hands is the batter.
11. Only adults may stand/catch behind the plate (no child will act as the catcher).